I have had a number of doppelgangers in my life, but I think this one takes the cake.
This evening, my family and I went to have dinner with the other Chris Yeh.
Now it’s strange enough that we both have the same name, but what about all the other similarities:
1) Both of us work as marketing executives in enterprise software.
2) Both of us have an engineering degree and an MBA from top schools (Michigan/Wharton and Stanford/HBS).
3) Both of us are unusually tall Chinese guys
4) Both of us are married, with children, and with non-Asian wives
5) Both our wives grew up in New York
6) Both of us lived in Boston from 1995-2000
7) Both of us drive a Honda Odyssey (okay, that one actually isn’t that scary)
8) Both of us are huge sports fans, especially of college and pro basketball (Michigan/Bulls and Stanford/Lakers)
9) The other Chris Yeh has a daughter named Caroline. My older sister is named Caroline.
10) My son’s nickname is JJ. The other Chris Yeh’s wife’s nickname is JJ.
Naturally, we had such a great time tonight that we’re planning to get together more often, and maybe even play in the same basketball game. I guess our teammates will have to call us by our middle names. I wonder if I can convince them that my middle name is actually Jordan….