My First Blogger Dinner
After many previous attempts that failed at the last minute, I finally made it to a “blogger” dinner. I caught up with Hillary Johnson, Jackie Danicki, Adriana Lukas, and the Cerado gang (Chris Carfi, Leif Chastaine, and Mark Rasch [apologies in advance if I’ve misspelled your name, Mark, but I’ll make it up to you by not mentioning the fetish video with lemons taped to asses. Whoops!]) at Ming’s in Palo Alto.
A great time was had by all, even with the aforementioned discussion of fetish videos, though it took some getting used to beginning conversations with phrases like, “As you may recall from the comment I wrote on your post of the 19th….”
New things that I learned:
1) Even if you grew up in Ohio, living in the UK can cause you to develop a British accent.
2) Hearing someone say, “Oh, that’s when you graduated from college? I don’t think I’d started high school yet…” really makes you feel old.
2a) That being said, being old has its advantages, like being able to laugh about the days of 8″ floppies.
3) Even when he isn’t there, Ben Casnocha is good for a good 15 minutes of conversation.
4) You can make a decent living as a director of custom fetish videos involving crackers, sardines, raw eggs, and high heels…thank you, Craigslist!
5) 8% of the population of Central Asia is directly descended from Genghis Khan.
5a) In 1,000 years, 25% of the population of North America will be descended from Leif Chastaine.
All in all, an enjoyable and educational experience. We’ll have to do it again!