The way it works is as follows:
- A group of individuals are seated in a room, each in front of computers facing the same direction and connected to the internet.
- There is a LCD projector at the front of the room and a selector switch that allows any individual to share what they are looking at on their computer up on the screen.
- The team begins to search for web links on a specific topic of interest.
- If anyone finds a link that is interesting or applicable to the topic at hand, they stop the group and put it up on the screen for everyone’s review and discussion.
- Relevant links are copied into a shared document in real-time. (Hope they use PBwiki –Ed.)
- The team uses found links to co-educate and to branch out the search and try to explore and document all relevant aspects of the topic in a short amount of time.
Sounds like a great technique for combining two typically distinct tasks–brainstorming anf Googling. Can’t wait to give it a try.